Saturday, July 23, 2011

:: You Might Be a Black Bohemian If.... ::


I saw this post from Beauty in Baltimore and thought it was pretty interesting because I've be coined as a Black Bohemian/Afrocentric/Hippie just because of how I looked and what my opinions were. There are 41 points, but I've decided to hit up just 5 I thought were pretty cool.

You might be a Black Bohemian/Conscious/Hippie if:

1. You are a black woman with natural/naputral hair and you absolutely refuse to use a chemical hair straightener or flaming tool of torture(blowdryer,curlers, hot comb etc.) on your hair.>> Now, I use blow dryers only because I'm not going to wait ALL day for my hair to dry so I can style it... Sorry.

2. You love and will STAN(D) for the following artists:Jill Scott,India Irie, Lauryn Hill and Erykah Badu.>>Heck Yeah!

3. You will cut a bitch for tickets to a Erykah Badu show. Furthermore, Erykah Badu is to black Bohemians and hippies what the Grateful Dead is to older white hippies.

4. You can speak standard English when you are with one crowd and Ebonics when you with another. All black people should be able to do this...

5. You are super liberal politically. You believe that what adults do behind closed doors is their business, but you want rich people to pay more taxes. Somewhere on your list of changes you would like to see Americans one day have universal health care, limited work hours and mandatory 8 weeks vacation.>> One sweet day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment