Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Lyfe, New Horizons, Different View

I am not a newcomer when it comes to blogging.

This is actually my 7th blog I've started with my most recent blog being NappyCentric at nappycentric.wordpress.com

That was my brain child; a blog that I used to write about anything...More specifically the intellectual and cultural phenomenons unique to the Black experience.

I found that I was very good at writing blogs. It was extremely therapeutic during a hard and rough time. During a time that my physically world was swirling down the drain, but my mental world was alive and fresh with new thoughts and ideas!

I found that writing blogs was not only fun, but I learned so much about myself during the process. I was always a writer and I was a debater...so putting my intellectual thoughts down publicly made me face the reality of who I was.

However, being faced with what is really you can become unsettling. I was a little angry back then...While NappyCentric was a voice of a girl who couldn't understand, Lyfe's Lyric will be the voice of a woman that realizes.

So, I decided to take a different approach. Changed my host blogging site and became more personable and casual and gentle.

This is not a Afrocentric Blog. This is not a Natural Hair Blog. It's a blog where anything goes! We're my artistic and creative side will spread it's wings, with a little bit of my Afrocentric vibe.

Believe me, you will hear some of the same things you heard at NappyCentric (I can't sit idly by while things continue to happen the way they do lol). But, Lyfe's Lyric will be totally different! :-)

I hope you Enjoy!

Natalie

P.S. I hope you do go and look at NappyCentric though. That's my baby! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment